>> Find Activities
>> Applets List
>> Virtual Lab
Virtual Lab Simulation
The Virtual Laboratory allows students to select from hundreds
of standard reagents and manipulate them in a manner that resembles
that of a real lab. It allows students to design and perform diverse
experiments in acid-base chemistry, thermochemistry, solubility, and
Download the Virtual Lab Simulation
Virtual Lab Version 1.6.4 without Java Plug-in
Note you may need to install the
Java J2SE JRE for this application to run.
[51MB] Virtual Lab International Version 1.6.4 with Java.
- Unzip the contents of vlab.zip to a directory on your hard drive. (For example: c:\program files\vlab\.)
Note that extracting files from a zipped archive requires a separate program, such as
- In the directory into which you unzipped the virtual lab, double click the file Vlab.exe.
Note for international users: click the file
||VLabAR.exe for العربية ||
||VLabBR.exe for Português (Brasil) |
||VLabCA.exe for Català ||
||VLabDE.exe for Deutsch |
||VLabES.exe for Español ||
||VLabFR.exe for Français |
||VLabGl.exe for Galego ||
||VLabGR.exe for Ελληνικά |
||VLabLT.exe for Lietuvių ||
||VLabRU.exe for Русский |
||VLabZH.exe for 中文(繁體) ||
[5 MB] Virtual Lab for Macintosh 10.1 and higher only
- Unzip the contents of vlab-mac.zip to a directory on your hard drive.
Some web browsers will perform this step automatically.
Note that extracting files from a compressed archive requires a seperate program,
such as Stuffit Expander.
- Open the vlab-mac folder and double click the file vlab.jar.
Run the Virtual Lab from the web
- The Virtual Lab as an English web applet
Fully translated versions:
- Español (Translation contributed by Jordi Cuadros, Institut Químic de Sarrià)
- Català (Translation contributed by Jordi Cuadros, Institut Químic de Sarrià)
- Português (Brasil) (Translation contributed by Geiza Esperandio, Fernando Gomes and Ricardo Cunha Michel of the
Laboratório de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento em Ensino de Matemática e Ciências - LIMC / UFRJ)
- Français (Translation contributed by Thierry Salaun)
- Ελληνικά (Translation contributed by Michael P. Sigalas, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Deutsch (Translation contributed by Isabel Braun, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg)
- Русский (Translation contributed by Кург Владимир, Incom Corporation)
Partially translated versions:
- Galego (Translation contributed by imaxin|software)
- العربية (Translation contributed by Dr. Khateeb Alkhateeb)
- Lietuvių (Translation contributed by Regina Kaušienė, Tytuvėnai gymnasium Kelmė distr)
- 中文(繁體) (Translation contributed by Ta-Wei Li, National Chiao Tung University)
If you would like to help with the translation of the virtual lab, please
Beta Testing a new 3-D Version of the Virtual Lab
We are currently working on a new 3D version of the Virtual Lab utilizing some new Java features.
We welcome your feedback as we develop this new interface.