>> Find Activities
>> Applets List
>> Why Things Have Color Applet
>> Classroom Use
Initially apparent are several topics that can be discussed at length:
- Light is composed of colors that can be dispersed and recombined
with a prism.
- A substance that absorbs a certain color appears to have the
- The absorbed photons have an energy that corresponds to
the spacing between quantum energy levels.
- The qualitative aspects of the particle in a box model:
- a particle confined to some region of space will have
discrete energy levels
- the dependence on mass and length
- The visible spectrum, and it's relationship to the
- How different molecular motions lead to absorption in
different parts of the spectrum.
Additionally, the applet can be used to allow students to check
their pencil & paper problems.